- Project Overview
- Re-Design and Complettion of 50,000 Square Feet Church Facility (building was 60% completed)
- Space for Regular Church Functions
- Child Care Facilities
- Space for Large-Scale Events
- Major Deliverables
- Architectural and Engineering Design Services
- Value engineering to significantly reduce the cost of completion
- Redesign of the interior.
- Revision of site features (landscape, parking, etc.)
- Coordination with the City of Aurora
- Construction Administration
A key fixture of the Aurora Southlands development area, Highpoint Church serves as a spiritual and cultural nexus for the community. The facility sits on a 10-acre site which was developed by the church, and the ground-up construction creates space for regular church functions, childcare, and large-scale special events.
The Highpoint Church project was brought to SE at a point where construction was approximately 60% complete. Initially designed as a $14 million project with multiple-phases and a sweeping master plan, the economic challenges of the late 2000's necessitated a shut-down of construction, leaving the empty shell vacant for two years. The SE team assumed responsibility for the incomplete design, and provided comprehensive economic and aesthetic value-engineering of all building systems, spatial uses, and finish materials, ultimately shepherding the project through re-design, city approvals, and construction administration.