Energy Conservation & Investment
- Project Overview
- United States Air Force Academy
- Energy Conservation and Investment Program (ECIP)
- Upgrade of 19 Mission-Critical Facilities
- Major Deliverables
- Analysis and Design of the Mechanical, Power, and Lighting Systems at each facility
- Implementation of Controlled Shut-Offs
- Programmable Cycle Settings
- Motion Controlled Lighting
- New Motors, Fans, VFDs, and other Equipment
The Energy Conservation and Investment Program (ECIP) at the United States Air Force Academy provided for the upgrade of 19 mission-critical facilities on the campus to meet modern Air Force energy conservation requirements.
In order to meet the highly constrained fiscal schedule of the client, overall design and management of the site investigation and engineering process was accomplished within a mere 45 calendar days.
SE assigned specifically qualified personnel to focus completely on this project for its duration, taking a "SWAT" approach to accomplishing the project objectives within the restrictive timeline.
The project required receiving input and assembling information from the operation and maintenance personnel of 19 facilities in order to best evaluate conditions and recommend solutions.
The final design met the budget and schedule of the client, and resulted in greatly improved energy efficiency and occupant comfort in these historic facilities.