DIA Solar Arrays
- Project Overview
- Three Denver International Airport Solar Array Projects.
- Project 1: 2.0 MW Pena Boulevard, Single Axis Tracking, Solar Array
- Project 2: 1.6 MW North Solar Array
- Project 3: 4.5 MW Solar Array
- Major Deliverables
- Engineer of Record
- Civil, Structural, Electrical Engineering Services
- Quality Assurance
- Permitting Services
- Coordination with Federal, State and Local Government Agencies
- Expedited Delivery and Construction
DIA will benefit for decades from Power Purchase Agreements with the owners of the three solar arrays.
One of three U.S. airports to be initially accepted into the Environmental Protection Agency's National Performance Track Program, DIA's solar arrays illustrate how sustainable development can work as an integral operating principle for municipal facilities.
The first, and most visible, of DIA's solar projects is the 2.0 megawatt Pena Boulevard Solar Array. SE served as the Engineer of Record for all disciplines on this single axis tracking array, and managed all permitting efforts on this project as well. Due to the project's location, SE worked with several federal, state, and local government agencies to successfully secure approval for the project.
The second and third solar arrays (1.6 MW North Solar Array and 4.5 MW Solar Arrray III) on DIA property are located in the vicinity of the airport's fuel storage facility. SE provided civil, structural, and permitting services for these projects.
Combined, these projects provide more than 8 megawatts of energy for the airport.